Search Forums:

Page: 1
VampPrincesKairi 10 years 2 months ago wrote:
A woman was accused of illegally downloading music from Kaaza for personal use and for sharing with others.The record companies from which she supposedly downloaded from took her to court and won.They were awarded a whopping $220,000.I think this is insane because it clearly states on VHS tapes and some CDs and DVDs that you are allowed to record music for personal use only.The only way that this would be illegal would be if you sold it for profit which is piracy.I personally think we need to boycott record companies.Myself alone purchased over $300 worth of CDs just this year.The record companies involved were:

Sony BMG
Arista Records
Interscope records
UMG Recordings
Capitol Records
Warner Brothers

I realize this means giving up good music,but I think the record companies need to see that we don't agree with their ways of going against their own laws.I bought a Crazy Frog CD just this year in which it said in the lyrics book that you could use the music for personal use as long as you don't sell it.So when you put music on the internet for download and no one intends on selling the material then there can't be anything illegal about it.What do you think about all of this?
Fear my wrath of evilness!!Muahahahaha!

Runagi 10 years 2 months ago wrote:
Quoted Text VampPrincesKairi said:
A woman was accused of illegally downloading music from Kaaza for personal use and for sharing with others.


This is the illegal part. Even if you aren't doing it for profit, it is illegal to share it. Also, downloading music is another illegal part, especially from a program like Kaaza. I say she got what she had coming to her.
"Even though, Passed this time alone
Somewhere so unknown, It heals the soul"
-Foo Fighters "February Stars"
VampPrincesKairi 10 years 2 months ago wrote:
They've made things like casette tapes to tape things like the radio which is basically the same thing because you don't really own it.Downloading from the internet is the same thing.Even DVD burners are the same thing as downloading movies off the internet.And if all this is legal how can they make downloading off the internet illegal?They tried to do something like this years ago.It took regular people like you and me to stop it then.
Fear my wrath of evilness!!Muahahahaha!

kalajel 10 years 2 months ago wrote:
Oh god! This is so old! Hey did you know that Hollywood tried to prevent the distribution of the Beta Max stating that if people where able to tape movies at home nobody would go at the movie theathers anymore and the film indistry would basically cease to exist?

… *snort* MWA HA HA HA HA!!… *chuckles, snickers* Oh god that was precious!

Well that's the same darn thing that's happening today with the whole downloading of music and movies. They state they're loosing ton of money while analysis of the sales show that's not true! I mean really, would you prefer owning a nice CD with the lyrics in the booklet and with quality printing and all or a cheap-ass burned CD with the name of the bands and the tunes scribbled somewhere on there?

And as far as the loss of sales is concerned, I'm not going to buy a crappy CD of bland, mainstream, flavorless music just because there's one song on there that I like; I'll download the song from the internet. So in conclusion, I have this message for the music industry; If you want my hard earned money then make better music because I'm not going to pay a single penny for that auditory diharrea that you call music.

No really, those jackasses at Sony Music wouldn't know what good music was if it bit them in the ass!
Quoted Text kalajel said:
Anyhow, I beleive that the real logical conclusion to all this is that I'm so darn cool, other people want to be me on other forums!Happy

98% of the internet nation has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that can resist stupid fads, copy and paste this into your sig.
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Hentai.png
http://i27.tinypic.com/ek1c8l.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/ndvnnd.jpg
Dynewind 10 years 2 months ago wrote:
similar to the napster thing...

it's illegal coz

1. Personal use /sharing with friends of 5-6 people is DIFFERENT with publishing online for millions people. They say it's basically a mass reproduction

2. the record companies can NOT compete with people who gives away their product

3. The artist/singers do need money you know
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5285/dyneandlykasiggie1.jpg
VampPrincesKairi 10 years 2 months ago wrote:
Downloading things online helps singers and their CDs because some people who have never heard of someone before may find some downloads,download them,like the songs and go and buy the CD of the artist.
Fear my wrath of evilness!!Muahahahaha!

kalajel 10 years 2 months ago wrote:
Quoted Text VampPrincesKairi said:
Downloading things online helps singers and their CDs because some people who have never heard of someone before may find some downloads,download them,like the songs and go and buy the CD of the artist.

That's pretty much what I was trying to explain in my rant above; most dowloading done on the internet is done exactly for this purpose. Of course ther'e always a few cheapskates who download from the internet becaus they're so damned cheap… but this is the minority (before the advent of the internet, they taped everything on cassette tape…Laughing).
Quoted Text kalajel said:
Anyhow, I beleive that the real logical conclusion to all this is that I'm so darn cool, other people want to be me on other forums!Happy

98% of the internet nation has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that can resist stupid fads, copy and paste this into your sig.
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Hentai.png
http://i27.tinypic.com/ek1c8l.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/ndvnnd.jpg
Dynewind 10 years 2 months ago wrote:
Quoted Text VampPrincesKairi said:
Downloading things online helps singers and their CDs because some people who have never heard of someone before may find some downloads,download them,like the songs and go and buy the CD of the artist.


now that's excatly the reason napster gave...
YET according to RIAA (recording industry association thing) statistic... people download the songs that they know/want...

and if you think about it. when you open the p2p shareware. What do u search for? songs you know of course, how can you find a song that you havent heard if you dont even know the name of the artist or the title?

and the recording industry came up with this idea now. They let people have trials and can listen parts of the song for free... and pay only if they want to download.

any more reason? Evil
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5285/dyneandlykasiggie1.jpg
VampPrincesKairi 10 years 2 months ago wrote:
They could have heard of someone talking about the artist or song and decided to download to see what it sounds like.Hahaha!Didn't think of that now did ya?Evil
Fear my wrath of evilness!!Muahahahaha!

Dynewind 10 years 2 months ago wrote:
lol... read what i said!!!

the music industry now give out trials, and you can listen to the songs(partly) for free. To download is to buy. Laughing

if they like the part, then they buy. not download and create a personal library
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5285/dyneandlykasiggie1.jpg
Kinju 10 years 2 months ago wrote:
They should have sued the one who uploaded it instead.
VampPrincesKairi 10 years 2 months ago wrote:
Quoted Text Kinju said:
They should have sued the one who uploaded it instead.


Exactly what I was thinking.They probably didn't go after Kaaza because they've tried it before or they just wanted to show a warning.
Fear my wrath of evilness!!Muahahahaha!

Dynewind 10 years 2 months ago wrote:
they wont get any money from regular people like us... so they go for the big bucks.!
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5285/dyneandlykasiggie1.jpg
VampPrincesKairi 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
They did try sueing Kaaza before and couldn't get a single penny because of Kaaza's good lawyers.The only option they had was to go for someone else while they were at it because they were money hungry and they still have a craving for money because they're greedy.But that is the world today.Plain out greedy.
Fear my wrath of evilness!!Muahahahaha!

Dynewind 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
like... you?Evil
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5285/dyneandlykasiggie1.jpg
VampPrincesKairi 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
I'm not greedy.I admit I have money.But I'm not greedy.I'm always giving every penny I make to my parents.If they need anything they can have it.I'd give money to churches too if I could but I'm restricted from that.
Fear my wrath of evilness!!Muahahahaha!

Dynewind 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
how about giving me some Tickled Pink just kidding... lol

not saving it?
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5285/dyneandlykasiggie1.jpg
VampPrincesKairi 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
Yes.I save it.Most of it goes to my parents though.
Fear my wrath of evilness!!Muahahahaha!

kalajel 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
And now, here's another kalajel moment…
Quoted Text kalajel said:
Anyhow, I beleive that the real logical conclusion to all this is that I'm so darn cool, other people want to be me on other forums!Happy

98% of the internet nation has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that can resist stupid fads, copy and paste this into your sig.
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Hentai.png
http://i27.tinypic.com/ek1c8l.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/ndvnnd.jpg
RandomKoopewoope 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
LOL i read this topic and was like wtf is Kazaa...and then suddenly those days came flashing back to me!! Why?!
I'm random,do u need to know anything else?

Msg me on AIM:
KevinNolan88

Msg me on MSN/Windows:
Charmarril@hotmail.com
Dynewind 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
Confuzzled you FORGOT about kazaaWhat?? ConfuzzledConfuzzled
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5285/dyneandlykasiggie1.jpg
anadorn 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
Hmmm there was some topic that I read in another forum about some company for suing a dog cause it fiddled with keyboard and made the PC download songs from kaaza...

they sued a dog! for crying out loud!!!
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m70/anadorn/Avatar%20and%20sigs/2e780cda.jpg
kalajel 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
Quoted Text anadorn said:
Hmmm there was some topic that I read in another forum about some company for suing a dog cause it fiddled with keyboard and made the PC download songs from kaaza...

they sued a dog! for crying out loud!!!

It was probably Lars Ulrich who sued that dog; the guy's a dick!
Quoted Text kalajel said:
Anyhow, I beleive that the real logical conclusion to all this is that I'm so darn cool, other people want to be me on other forums!Happy

98% of the internet nation has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that can resist stupid fads, copy and paste this into your sig.
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Hentai.png
http://i27.tinypic.com/ek1c8l.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/ndvnnd.jpg
Dynewind 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
they should get an award... the stella award.. Tickled Pink
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5285/dyneandlykasiggie1.jpg
kalajel 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
Quoted Text Dynewind said:
they should get an award... the stella award.. Tickled Pink

I don't get it…
Quoted Text kalajel said:
Anyhow, I beleive that the real logical conclusion to all this is that I'm so darn cool, other people want to be me on other forums!Happy

98% of the internet nation has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that can resist stupid fads, copy and paste this into your sig.
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Hentai.png
http://i27.tinypic.com/ek1c8l.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/ndvnnd.jpg
Dynewind 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
you dont know stella award? it's an award given to people who have stupid lawsuits and win them... go google it
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5285/dyneandlykasiggie1.jpg
kalajel 10 years 1 month ago wrote:
Sorta like Darwin Awards but for douchebags…Happy
Quoted Text kalajel said:
Anyhow, I beleive that the real logical conclusion to all this is that I'm so darn cool, other people want to be me on other forums!Happy

98% of the internet nation has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that can resist stupid fads, copy and paste this into your sig.
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Hentai.png
http://i27.tinypic.com/ek1c8l.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/ndvnnd.jpg
You must login or create an account to reply to a topic.
Page: 1