Page: 1
IdyotAko 11 years 1 month ago wrote:
Parts of this guide were referenced from RO-Guardian's Reagent Shaw Research Center guide

This is a fairly short quest, but the rewards is well worth it. The only long part of this is trying to initiate it. To begin the quest, you must first have completed the Biolabs Sewer quest.

Items needed: Geek Glasses (for equip), Grampa Beard (for equip), Glass Bead x 1, Bouquet x 1, Holy Water x 5, Handcuffs x 1, Pass (optional, acquired after completing the Friendship quest), Laboratory Permit (optional, acquired after completing the Biolab Sewers quest)

If you have done the Sewers quest and have been leveling down in Biolabs, you should have picked up at least one Handcuffs. You need to have this in your inventory at all times throughout the entire quest.

To initiate the quest, go down to Biolabs. There are 2 ways to enter Biolabs. To access level one, just go inside the Rekenber Building and talk to the guard by the portal (lhz_in01 35, 226) going down to the Rekenber Laboratory, then talk to the guard right beside the gate (lhz_in01 24, 140). You will need your Laboratory Permit if you go this route. The other access is to use the Sewer Pipe in the Slums (lighthalzen 311, 301) which takes you to level two.

Once inside the Somatology Lab, there will be certain parts of the map where when you walk over it and have a Handcuff in your inventory, your character will get cursed. All 3 levels have these particular spots. Here are some of them.
Somatology Lab 1 - lhz_dun01 149 106
Somatology Lab 2 - lhz_dun02 270 279
Somatology Lab 3 - Unknown... too dangerous to go at it alone. >.>

Once you find the spot, you need to walk over it a few times until you get a text screen. There are two different ones. One says "..elp... Help me..." and another will say "I... I despise the living!" Any one should be sufficient to start the quest, but I suggest to get both of them. Also, since I don't have an Assassin/SinX, I don't know if it works if you walk over the spot cloaked. It doesn't work when I tried Stalking over it with my Rogue.

Exit Biolabs and proceed to Lighthalzen. The guide I referenced says that you can do the curse spots in any order, but this sequence is the sure-fire way (I've done this sequence 5 times and didn't mess up once... except when I tried something that bugged the quest a little. I will talk about that part a little further down the guide). Go to the following spots to get cursed:
Lighthalzen 297, 229 (by the guard)
Lighthalzen 344, 279 (near the Nun)
Lighthalzen 364, 312 (beside the Boy)
lhz_in03 180, 22 (inside the Bar, bottom level)

After that, go talk to the Elder (lighthalzen 346, 263) And she will say something about your burden. Follow these responses as they appear:
"Um... burden?"
"Things?"
"Yes! How do I get rid of them?"
"I don't... think so."
"Y-yes, I have."

After some "chanting", the Elder will then mark your map and you go back inside the Rekenber Building. Once inside, there will be a curse spot in the main hallway (lhz_in01 115, 153). Get cursed and then talk to the Representative behind the desk (lhz_in01 114, 181). Ask about the Corporation History and she will tell you to go see the other Representative in the library. Make your way over to that Representative (lhz_in01 27, 247) and speak to her TWICE. Once for the Corporation History and once for the Rekenber's Businesses (this is where a lot of folks seem to have bugs during the quest). After that, look at the bookshelf and read the Rekenber Guidebook.

Once your done, go upstairs and to the right. Enter the room and there will be another curse spot here (lhz_in01 270, 227). After you get cursed (and this one is probably the most disturbing one of them all too... >.>), head back downstairs and make your way to the Laboratory. Enter the room right across from where you spawned (this is the same room for the Homunculus quest) and yet another curse spot is waiting (lhz_in01 202, 127). Once you get cursed, you will get teleported into an "alternate world" with two NPCs. Talk to either one and once done, you will return back to the original room you were in. Exit this room and go to the room below. Talk to Wolfchev (lhz_in01 274, 122).
Respond with the following:
"Do you need any help?"

Talk to him again and respond with:
"Let me speak with you."

At this point, you will need the Glass Bead. Talk to him and respond with the following:
"Why do you want Glass Beads?"
Ask about work
"What kind of research?"
"Um, what are you testing on?"

After that, exit the room and go over the the room right across from it (If you come out and you have a text screen that pops out, just cancel out of it. It has no bearing on the quest.). Inside will be another curse spot (lhz_in01 280, 165). Again, you will be teleported to an "alternate world". You may choose to talk to the Peco, but it's not necessary. Talk to the NPC in here and you will obtain an Old Pendant. After getting the pendant, you will again return to the room you were in.

Exit the Rekenber Building and make your way back to the Elder. Talk to her and show "him" the pendant (still makes me laugh seeing this error... hehehe...). Have a Bouquet and 5 Holy Waters in your inventory and talk to her again. She will chant to lift the curse from the pendant, making it open and reveal a picture.
This time, go over to the house just above the Sewer Pipe and inside you will find a Crippled Girl (lhz_in03 32, 162). Talk to her and respond with
"Hello, how are you?"
Show her the Pendant
Brutal Truth

Once done, she will be so upset that she'll kick you out of the house. At this point, the door will be locked. Simply keep trying to go back inside and talk to her again. You will find out that she has no memory of both of you talking and the other lady saying she's been sick for a while now. You then hand her the pendant and you will get possessed. Once done, exit the house. At this point the ghost will thank you for your help and leave in peace (you will get your first prize for the quest... a nice exp boost for both Base and Job) but you think about it and feel like that there is still something about Rekenber that you need to take care of.

Return to the Rekenber Building and go upstairs and to the right. Enter the room and talk to the Secretary (lhz_in01 286, 226). You'll need to talk to her a few times with the following responses:
About the Slums
About the Laboratory
Wolfchev's research
"Oh, we're family, you know..."
"W-wait!"
About Wolfchev's Research
Wolfchev's test subjects
"His experiments are suspicious..."
Show Evidence
"What's Regenschrim up to?"
"Yes"

She will say that they will conduct a research on your inquiry. Just keep talking to her and she will tell you that they have found out Wolfchev has been conducting unauthorized and very dangerous research. As it turns out he has been kidnapping sick and poor people from the slums and use them as guinie pigs and he will be severely punished, if not fired. As thanks, she will give you 10 Speed Potions and an Old Blue Box. Congratulations, you've completed the quest.

If you become curious and want to check on Wolfchev, when you go back to the room he was in, he will not be there anymore and all traces of his research is gone as well.

Rewards: 2,000,000 Base Exp, 1,000,000 Job Exp (not sure about this one... need to verify the exact number), 10 Speed Potions, Old Blue Box

Once again, I will be editing this guide accordingly. If you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me. /no1
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e65/dmad1rulz/idyotakosiggy.jpg
iRO Chaos Characters:
IdyotAko - 99/67 Lord Knight.............................Aima Lichu - 75/45 Sage
Aeag Sedah - 73/39 High Wizard................................Aima Taikdat - 81/50 Gank Rogue
Vendi Productus - 95/44 Forge Blacksmith.............Aima Bardu - 57/26 MS Bard
I_R_teh_1337!!! - 90/46 FS Priest.......................Aima Whupyah - 61/46 Battle Acolyte (Monk)
mAnUnUmPiT - 73/45 Hunter..............................Aima Alchy - 99/50 Battle Alchemist
kersheys 11 years 1 month ago wrote:
I'm being a <beep> here and saying that you should put spaces between the paragraphs. It hurts my head to see so many stuck together . Try putting the reward on top of the post. Other than that, good guide /no1
Quoted Text Kinju said:
And K.H.A.W.D.? Meh! Hardly even a bother.
tuikyuo 11 years 1 month ago wrote:
yea man atleast do like - or >>> so wana split this up idyot? like by town etc? I can make homunculus, or class ones if you wish.
iRO Chaos
Karusho - Future Rogue /omai
Sheesh... I told you folks I will be editing accordingly... >.>

Actually, we need an actual guide section or something.

Fuse?
iRO Chaos Characters:
IdyotAko - 99/67 Lord Knight.............................Aima Lichu - 75/45 Sage
Aeag Sedah - 73/39 High Wizard................................Aima Taikdat - 81/50 Gank Rogue
I_R_teh_1337!!! - 90/46 FS Priest.......................Aima Whupyah - 61/46 Battle Acolyte (Monk)
mAnUnUmPiT - 73/45 Hunter..............................Aima Alchy - 99/50 Battle Alchemist
kersheys 11 years 1 month ago wrote:
Its in the multimedia section but they haven't been up to putting up the page yet
Quoted Text Kinju said:
And K.H.A.W.D.? Meh! Hardly even a bother.
Well... the guide itself is finished. Just need to put the images... but it should be fairly easy to figure out.
iRO Chaos Characters:
Kioake 10 years 10 months ago wrote:
hey, I have a couple questions about this quest.

In Lab 2, I found two places you could get cursed at. The top right corner and the red room [it's a bit below it map-wise, a square sticking out of part of the room. cursing is by the diamond in the middle].

In the top right corner room, there's a "broken machine". I was wondering what does this do..?

Well, see, in the "red room".. my friend had the option to talk to each test tube. After the 5th tube, he heard a girl screaming. Text boxes were people saying "I want help, I hate all the living people, one life" etc. Btw, this was before we started the actual quest, after a while he couldn't get the tubes to talk to him anymore.
I, however, couldn't get this to happen. Wish I did though, sounded really interesting.

Also, btw, do you know what the person says when you get cursed? I mean, I know that he has a text box.. but if you have your sound on, he actually talks to you. I can't make it out though.

Thanks.
IdyotAko 10 years 10 months ago wrote:
The sound is just gibberish, so sound or not, it most likely won't matter...

As far as the test tubes... I believe they are part of another quest, just like the broken machine. I'll check to see which quests the test tubes are for, but the broken machine is part of the Murder in Einbroch quest.
iRO Chaos Characters:
Kinju 10 years 10 months ago wrote:
Schwarzward has a lot of creepy quests to do... *shiver*

Nice guid btw. Now it makes me want to do the quest as well.

Edit: And, nope. Cloaking doesn't work on the cursed marks either.

Edit2: The guide has been really helpful but the quest is still creepy, creepier than the Friendship Quest...

Considering though that pRO Sakray is 40x/6x EXP/Drops, it's not that rewarding so I pretty much did it for the heck of it. But then, it won't be a total loss since I really found your guide proved very accurate. /testimony
Kioake 10 years 10 months ago wrote:
well, I did it mostly for learning about the whole "Human Testing" thing. EXP was just added on motivation =p I was running around on my sin wondering wtf the guy [cursing guy] was talking to me for, I couldn't find any info on it.. anywhere.. apparently not many know about it =| That might be better for Bio levelers though.

I thought this quest was really good.. but I thought that the whole thing could have been more in-depth. It just kinda ended with an apology.
I'm just here like.. "okay.."

&& That guy is still recruiting in the slums. Dunno what he's for.
You must login or create an account to reply to a topic.
Page: 1